Sunday, October 19, 2008

Completed College Work since last post

Hm, I haven't been on this blog in so long. I've finally decided to return and now shall post a mountain of posts for updating my life on this!!

First off, here's the completed piece for my project from 2nd Year. I was very happy with it myself and had positive feedback from tutors, family and friends. 



Now I'm back in college after a fun-filled summer.  I don't have a picture of my final piece for my Chance Project. Here's all the workings.  It's very seasonally-appropriate. I had a lot of fun producing this work even though it was tough going with lots of late nights.  The final piece is a combination of literary and artistic ability- a print of a poem.  The concept is based around modern day witch hunts.  I'll give more information when I've posted the photos of the final piece. 

Here, I'm using scrim (muslin) to clean the ink off the copper plate and push it further into the etched lines.


The old printing press looks so lovely and I love being so hands on with my work. It's just a pity that it is so heavy to turn and that I had to roll it through four or five times for each print so I ended up with a very sore back for the whole of last weekend.



Embossing is a technique I hadn't used before in print so it was fun to play around with the image. The pentagram was printed from the internet and then I transferred the image to card to use as my embossing device! The press had to be adjusted so that a mark wouldn't be left on the blankets (the wads of material that cover the work while its being printed). 



The completed piece is very striking. This is the best photo I have at the moment but there'll be more to come!

 

2 comments:

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Leiny, these are great photos...the finished work is wonderful..I am so proud,
Love margie.

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Here is a site you might find intersting
http://www.jacksonpollock.org/