Sunday, January 18, 2009

January Happenings

For the last two weeks, a new obsession has taken hold of me. I'm in love with the workings of Stephenie Meyer.  The Twilight books are so good, I read the first two very fast and am half way through the third.  I haven't been this excited about books since the Eragon books, and before that the Harry Potter series. 

I'm working on a new project for college, photos of my work will be up as soon as I start working! The project is still in the research/planning stage, but this week it has to move out of that stage pretty quick as next monday i have to hand
 up a schedule detailing the dates of completion for various components of the project. 

On Wednesday, I finally completed Margie's Christmas present. I'll give it to her next weekend as I have to wait for the ink to dry.  Here's the rest of the photos of the work!

This is the base colour: 


The roll up of inks I mixed myself:


The woodblock print with each colour:


Masking taped woodblock, so that I could get the squares for the Gingham pattern:





4 comments:

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Hi Leiny, Thank you very much for the lovely comment you left me. I too had a great time yesterday. My gift looks amazing. I love it. Cant wait until next weekend. Love Mam.

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Hi Leiny, love the new meez and also thank you for the final prints, I love all four of them, must get them framed now. Love mam.

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Hi Leiny, Thank you for thanking me...miss you and love you. Love mam.

Rommeij said...

eh oh, look at all your busy work. You're so busy! It's lovely, great work on Eigse!